Monday, May 9, 2011

Do not divert. Do not divert.

Well, these babies are going to continue to come fewer and farther between, as I’m getting super busy spending my last few weeks in the US and then, I’m off to the Slovak Republic for a few months. I’ve got packing lists, planning lists, shopping lists, visiting lists, all sorts of things going on all at the same time, but it’s AMAZING to see how God is slipping His own unique fingerprint into every part of my week. 
I can see him E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E.
for instance, my calendar is quite full of all sorts of things, but God in His graciousness kept a certain pocket of time open, (literally filled every other spare second around it with jobs and planning activities), so i could say yes to spending a bit of time with some good friends by going to a small concert in the area. 
I can’t tell you how cared for that made me feel, when I went to check my calendar, to see if I could go with them, and that was like, the ONLY spot open for seven days in a row!
I’m just overwhelmed, *personal confession time* because I know I haven’t been giving God my full attention, and best effort, yet He’s still giving me His best. I am humbled. And a bit ashamed, BUT it’s such a wonderful feeling to not be condemned because of my mistakes.
I’m SO easily distracted, that it’s quite simple really for the devil to divert me from the path God’s laid out for my day... like, let’s say I have a list of things I need to get done in a morning, and on my way to finish gathering verses for a program I’m speaking at, I bump my hand into the wall and break a nail... well, then i have to go and fix it, of course. and after I’ve located the nail file at the back of my sink drawer, well i notice that the drawer really could be reorganized. then after it’s reorganized, i think “well, why not the cabinet too?” and so on and so forth, until i glance at the clock and realize that I have to leave for my chiro appointment in five minutes, or I’ll be late, and I haven’t even picked up my Bible yet. you know, typical “if-you-give-a-mouse-a-cookie” scenario. only, this isn’t a cute kids book, it’s my life.
These little diversions make me CRAZY when I realize they’ve prevented me from what I was needing to do. 
That’s something I’m working on-- recognizing a diversion and resisting it through the strength of Christ. I’m truly REALLY bad at it. But I’m hoping to get better. 
You see, we Christians aren’t made to stay in one place in our walk with Christ. It’s an ever-changing, ever-rising lifestyle, and it keeps us on our toes and on our knees at the exact same time. So as I’m working to avoid distractions and keep on the right path this week here’s the passage of Scripture I’ll be meditating on: 
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the whole armor of Go, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication...” Ephesians 6:10-18
well, that’s all the time I have right now! Need to get a few hours of shut-eye before this enormous week starts. And now that I’ve said all of this, not that I believe in jinx or whatever, but I know that it will very likely be an even greater battle for me this week because I’m aware of it, and wanting to overcome. That’s just how these things seem to work. So pray for me, if you think of it. :) and let me know if ever I can pray for you.
Currently undistracted,
Betkany

No comments:

Post a Comment