Monday, April 11, 2011

a peek into my heart

This I know and believe: that my Jesus loves me so very much more than I could begin to describe to you...

I can't get over the fact that Jesus knew before He even created the world, that He would give up His Godly comfort in heaven, take on human flesh, and walk the dusty road filled with shame to the cross, all to bear the punishment of my sin. And He chose to make me anyway. Before the creation of time, He knew He would make His Bethany to smile every time she saw a llama. He knew He would knit her with a keen sense of compassion for a country not her own. He knew what words, actions, people would make her giggle with delight. He knew what she would weep over. He knew she'd battle with a body ridden with weakness. He knew some days she'd proclaim His name. He knew some days she would do things that dishonored Him and hurt herself. He knew how she would even occasionally doubt his love. How that must have broken His heart. 
And yet, He still made me. He still loves me, in spite of myself. He chose to forgive me, and to pay the debt of death I owe. His love is so huge, that my heart can sing no other name but Jesus.
With tears of shame and repentance, joy and indescribable love, I sang these songs below to my dear Jesus this weekend at our church's women's retreat.
And reflecting on all this, I realize that my great love for Him comes pouring out in my every day life, because I can NOT keep quiet about what my Lord has done for me.
All praise belongs to Jesus Christ, the Son of the Most High God, who has redeemed me from my sins because He loves me.
Ach, He loves me.
His great love covers you too.
"I have said these things to you, that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." John 16:33













No comments:

Post a Comment