Saturday, October 9, 2010

Blogging: Talented Only

I'm still not quite sure of my choice to begin a blog, but nevertheless, here I am!
Up till this point, in my mind, blogging was for two types of people. 
Number one: Gifted writers. Number two: the Wanna-bes... of which I am neither.
well, I think I was wrong.
I'm finding that there are many good and valid reasons that people create blogs. 
A friend recently asked me why don't I have a blog. I responded, "why would I?" but that got me thinking on the pros and cons of having a blog, and after a lot of thought, I decided I did have a reason to add to the "why people create blogs" list.
My reason? it's kinda basic, actually. 
I don't feel that I have anything particularly special, unique or impressive to share, but one of my favorite Scripture passages is from Psalm 145
1  I will exalt you, my God the King;
       I will praise your name for ever and ever.

 2 Every day I will praise you
       and extol your name for ever and ever.

 3 Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise;
       his greatness no one can fathom.

 4 One generation will commend your works to another;
       they will tell of your mighty acts.

 5 They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty,
       and I will meditate on your wonderful works. 

 6 They will tell of the power of your awesome works,
       and I will proclaim your great deeds.

 7 They will celebrate your abundant goodness
       and joyfully sing of your righteousness.



Commending God's work in my life, praising Him, putting my focus on Him and hopefully helping to encourage others to look up to Him and praise Him, that's the main goal of my getting a blog.

I think in today's modern world, we spend so much time sharing links, photos, news articles and so on, but while getting caught up in those things, we neglect to share the wonders of God, the things He is using to grow us, the things he has blessed us with.


This is just an attempt to use what I've been given to proclaim the words of the Lord and point out His hand in my life. So we'll see... we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment