Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Confessions, Questions, Comments...

This is my prayer in the fire,
 in weakness, or trial, or pain. 
There is a faith proved
of more worth than gold, 
so refine me, Lord, through the flame.
-Desert Song
Okay, I’ll admit it... I’m kinda addicted to the Psalms.

Psalm 34:1
I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
Psalm 35:1 
Contend, O Lord with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me.
Psalm 35:10 
All my bones shall say, “O Lord, who is like You, delivering the poor from him who is too strong for him, the poor and needy from him who robs him?”
Psalm 37:5
Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him, and He will act.
Okay, so what do these few random favorite verses (out of, like a million favorites) have to do with each other today?
Well, my health has been under fire for quite some time now, and I feel like an annoying, broken record when people ask me how I’m feeling, because I always have some kind of illness. It gets in the way of activities. It gets in the way of commitments I’ve made. It makes me feel like I’m letting people down.
Confession: I feel pathetic
Question: Why can’t i just be healthy, happy and hunky-dory? 
Comment: Applying what I spoke of yesterday, I need to look up and out... Then I see that God is refining me. He is drawing me close to Him, so that I learn to ‘Bless Him at all times’ and so that when He ‘fights against those [things that] fight against me’ I can completely and wholly say “O Lord, Who is like you, delivering [me]?
Now, He has yet to completely rescue me from this trial, but I have committed my way to the Lord, I am trusting in Him. 
Since I believe that the Bible is the true, inerrant Word of God, when I read the words, “and He will act,” I know,

HE WILL ACT.
And so I wait, and bring praise before Him. 
For in the end, no weapon shall remain against me. 
I will be made anew, in a perfect, sinless form.
I will be whole.
I will be worshiping Him.
One day...
Oh, how I eagerly await that day. I look forward in great anticipation. 

Until then, as we are struggling with pain and trials, let me encourage you to commit your way to Him, trust in Him and He will act in your behalf.
Oh there are a million more verses I could share with you on this, but it might just do you some good to go digging around in the Scriptures yourself. Check out the Psalms. I Love ‘em!

No comments:

Post a Comment