Thursday, October 14, 2010

World's Greatest Job

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I've got one of the best jobs in the entire universe.

I work as a preschool teacher which is a fun job by itself, BUT, my job is a little different than normal. See, I spend every day I'm at work teaching somewhere around 85 kids how to praise God... I mean,
how much better can it get than that?!?
Every day, I'm blessed by children lifting their voices up in praise, and sometimes I'm super blessed by a child who will come up and ask me a question about Jesus, or tell me how much they love the stories from the Bible.

It's such a wonderful gift, to be able to share my love for God with these kiddos.

To know that God's Word isn't returning void in their lives, but is like little seeds, waiting to grow up into beautiful gardens of life!

I recently went to a "family worship time" with the Steven Curtis Chapman family, who lost their young daughter, tragically, two years ago. She was five. I believe it was several weeks before her unexpected passing that she began to ask questions about Christ and salvation. These questions had been sparked by her preschool chapel teachers and probably her sunday school teachers and family members as well. Those questions led to her becoming a child of God. Nobody knew that several weeks later, She would be in His Arms, praising Him and resting in His loving care.

Her chapel teacher made a difference. And I pray and hope that I can too. That I can be a tool in God's hand, to bring these children to an understanding of Him and His Love.

Do you know His Love? His great love caused Him to send His Only Son to earth, to take the penalty for the wrong things we have done, so that one day we can be with Him, worshipping forever in Heaven, saved from a sentence to an eternity of suffering and punishment in Hell.
His Son DIED, in agony, so that I wouldn't have to. So that you wouldn't have to... if we choose to believe.

All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God (Romans 3:23)

The wages of sin is DEATH but the free gift of God is ETERNAL LIFE through Jesus Christ, our Lord (Romans 6:23)

For God so loved the world, that He gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:13)

These verses are only the beginning of wonderful promises and truths about salvation!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me, either through facebook or email (if you have my info), or talk to your pastor, parents, or someone else you know who is a believer. We all want to answer any questions you have or help you find answers to help you understand the wonderful gift God has given.

If you are a believer already, let me encourage you to share your faith EVERY chance you get, as the Day draws nearer... and never think someone is too young, too stubborn, too lost or too worthless to understand this great gift of Salvation. 


He wants us all. He loves us all.

so yeah. all this to say. I've got the greatest job ever. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment